Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Heart Exam

The Bible truly is a sword when we let it be.  I decided to read Proverbs 4 this morning and of course, God's word was faithful to change and challenge me.  As I read the words, "Watch over your heart with all diligence, for from it flow the springs of life (Prov 4:23)," my heart seemed to beat a little louder.  
We can all easily let so much collect in our hearts and then wonder why we get mad, frustrated, or disappointed over any little thing.  It's not usually that thing that is the problem but all the things that have been collecting dust on our heart. When there is junk built up in our hearts, it's impossible for life to flow.  It all made so much sense.  
An amazing pastor spoke of this verse and said that every night as he put his daughter to bed, he would ask her how her heart was.  It is so sweet and yet so powerful.  How much dust and crud do we let build up on our hearts thinking that it's no big deal?  I know that I have a tendency to forget and just move on, just like everyone else, but today is a great day for a heart exam.  So two  questions..."How's your flow and How's your heart?"

No comments:

Post a Comment